At the end of the article we provide a comment column for you to ask questions about this topic. Want to ask us directly, please call +62215324093 or Whatsapp to +082288883682 (chat only)
What Are Google Ads?
Google’s advertising program is a way of advertising through Google’s infrastructure such as the search engine or Youtube and includes publishing partners / online sites that work with Google. This advertising program is known as Google Ads (formerly Google Adwords)
This is the biggest source of revenue from Google services. In this program, Googla Ads provides access to advertisers to manage and promote products on your site and applications to Google users. Google users who see your ad are not limited to search engines only but include Google Maps, Gmail, and Youtube users.
Because Google has very large users, Google also works with site owners to share profits where Google displays ad spots, where when a site visitor clicks on an ad, the site owner benefits from the cost of clicking up to more than 50%.
So it can be concluded Google + Site Users (who work with Google) are the target audience (audience) of Google Ads, the number of which is tens of millions of Indonesian viewers every day. What remains now is how Google intelligently should be able to show the right ad to the right user at the right time . For this reason, the Google Ads platform continues to be developed.
How many types of ads are there in the Google Ads platform?
From Ad Types, Google Ad Campaigns are actually divided into 4 parts:
- Search Ads (Google Search Network) : Advertise on the google search engine and partners. You create an ad and display it based on keywords.
- Display advertising (Google Display Network) : Advertise on 3rd party sites outside of search engines (including Gmail). Ads can be in the form of Images, Text, and Videos, targeting visitors with certain profiles and behaviors or it can be on sites with certain keywords.
- Video Ads : Advertise on the Youtube platform. Almost the same as display ads, target visitors who see ads can be with profiles or behaviors, but can also be combined with targets on certain Youtube videos or channels.
- Application Advertising (Mobile) : Conducting promotions for mobile applications. Smart advertising to promote app installs and in-app actions
From experience, each of us follows the characteristics of each advertisement
|Google Search||Google Display||Google Video Ads||Google App Campaign|
|Cost*||More expensive||Cheap||Cheap||More expensive|
|Reach||Depends on Keywords and Search Volume||Cheaper||Cheaper||Automatic|
Cost is cost relative to cost per click. In practice, advertisers can limit the maximum cost per click
How Does the Advertising Platform Work, How Is It Financed?
This program works with the auction system (Auction). The first time it will be filtered Audience based on Target Location, Time, and Device. Then the auction process will run according to the campaign type and Google will display ads according to the target set.
Common locations of the Google Ads service and the types of auctions that occur:
Google Search: Auctions based on the targeted keywords, in relation to the maximum cost of clicks, ad relevance, landing page quality (destination), use of ad formats (a formula called Ad Rank)
Google Display and Video : Auctions based on Targeted Visitors (Demographics, Behavior, and Interests) and Target Media (Topic Keywords)
Google App Campaign : Automated auction based on Google’s smart engine Algorithm.
Some general characteristics about costs:
- You can specify the maximum fee you want to pay per action
- You can determine the daily cost budget
Types of financing can be in the form of
- Cost per click (CPC / Cost per click): The fee charged per one click of an ad Applies to Google Search and Display
- Cost per 1000 views (CPM / Cost per mile): Cost per 1000 times the ad is shown, Applies on Google Display
- Cost per view (CPV / Cost per View): The fee Google charges for displaying Video ads. cost per 1 watch (calculated from 30 seconds watched or until the video ends)
- Cost per Install (CPI / Cost Per Install): Specifically for application promotion campaigns
To learn about financing, please visit our Google Adwords Fees article
How does Google find the right prospect for me?
Google uses smart engine algorithms to find the right potential customers to see your business ad. Several targeting parameters vary widely for managing ads, including
- Tool (Device)
- Specific Hours (Schedule)
- Target Audience (Audience)
- Demographics: Targets based on Age, Gender, Income
- Behavior (Affinity): People who have certain behaviors
- Interests (In-Market): People who are looking for services or products related to your business
- Remarketing: People who have interacted with your site and ads in the past
- Similiar Audience: People who share the same interest characteristics from the Remarketing list
- Placement Target (Site)
- Topics: There are more than 2000 categories of topics to choose from
- Site Location: The URL of the site you want your ad to appear on
- Keywords On Page: Pages that are relevant to a particular keyword
- Life Events
- Placement: On certain videos and channels
- Devices: On computers, mobile phones, tablets, or TV devices such as Comcast
Winning in Search Engines: Advertising or Website Optimization through SEO?
For your business to enter the Google search engine, there are actually 2 (two) ways, namely through search engine optimization or through advertising. Basically the mindset that must be used is how we can display as much information as possible about our business on the first page (especially on smaller car / cellphone screens)
We have written a full review of this in a separate article entitled SEO vs SEM (GSN) Which comes first ?
Google Ads or Facebook Ads or Instagram Ads, which one is better?
There is no definite answer about this because it depends on your respective business, if your product is a car rental, Google Search is certainly better because it displays ads when there is an intention and interest. Meanwhile, if your product is a beauty product, Instagram Ads and Google Display might be the right choice. We always recommend trying promotions on multiple platforms in the first month of the month to do the learning.
Some Common Characteristics between Facebook / IG Ads compared to Google Ads
|Reach||Broader, because Google users (Web and Android) including 3rd parties who work with Google are the target of advertising||Only on the Facebook and Instagram ecosystem|
|Data accuracy||Google search is very precise but Google displays and videos based on machine learning algorithms.||More accurate, because it is based on the database and user behavior in the ecosystem|
|Cost||Google display is the cheapest to bring in visitors but conversions are more likely to be better with Google Search, where the cost of visits tends to be higher||Higher than Google, but better visitor characteristics|
Note: While the characteristics of a running ad may change, this is an overview
What is the initial fee required to advertise through Google?
You can advertise on Google for any upfront fee. However, from our point of view, Google’s intelligent engine needs a lot of data before the algorithm performs optimally, advertising at a very minimal cost will certainly take the expected results much longer to obtain.
If you don’t have an idea yet, we recommend using 20% of your marketing costs first, if the results are positive add up.
If you don’t have a marketing budget yet, we recommend starting your Google Ads ads at a cost of 5-10 million rupiah per month *) Based on our client account
In certain cases you can refund the remaining funds if your account still has unused funds
It is better if you do a consultation (free) with our Account Manager to talk about this, click here
How to measure ad success?
Advertising success is calculated from how the ad has a commercial impact on your business and business. Advertising goals are built on several aspects, we call them conversions. There are two types of conversions that are important for you to understand
- Macro Conversion: Provides immediate commercial impact. For example a transaction
- Micro Conversion: Provides a non-commercial impact but gives meaning to your business. For example: Become a newsletter subscriber, download a certain catalog, contact your Customer Service.
One thing you need to keep in mind when advertising on Google is that it generally takes more than one visit to your site before a conversion occurs. So when a click occurs, the conversion will not necessarily occur at that time.
Things that might reduce the occurrence of conversions are:
- Visitor targeting errors
- Site performance is not good enough that it interferes with the user experience
- Old loading site
- Messy text placement
- Offers that are not yet attractive to visitors
Try not to direct visitors to the homepage through advertisements.
It is highly recommended to create a special page with a special topic as the ad’s destination (landing page / landing page)
For measuring ad success, it is recommended that you use an analytics platform such as Google Analytics
Tips for working with Google Partner Agencies?
Google works with third-party agencies (such as Doxadigital) to establish the quality standards needed to work with advertisers. The program is called “Google Partner” . It is recommended that you get in touch with these partners. We have made another article about the ins and outs of this program, please read in the reviews on the link Google Partner Indonesia ‘s
Anyone else want to know about this Google Advertising Program? Please write a comment below or contact us at +62215324093, this article will continue to be updated so that it can be sharper and provide good reviews about this program and its benefits for your business.
Contact Doxadigital for Google Ads Advertising Services (Adwords) for your business