In dealing with 3rd parties about Google Partner services, there are a lot of perceptions in the market about the term Google Partner. This article will provide you with a complete guide and summary of it.
Note: Doxadigital is one of the Indonesian Google Partners that provides Google Adwords Advertising Services (now Google Ads)
Over time, this article will be updated to provide a complete overview of this program. For questions, please use the comments column below or contact WhatsApp +6282288883692 (Chat Only). The complete Google Partner guide can be found on the official page here
What is a Google Partner?
The Google Partner Program is a status given by Google to Advertising Agencies or Individuals who manage multiple Google Ads and have competency according to the standards set in Google’s advertising program.
So Google Partner Status is basically not related to SEO (Search Engine Optimization), Google Adsense, Gmail, Google Analytics and others. In general, the benefit of the Google Partner program is the availability of special educational materials as well as the Google advertising program certification program.
Google does not provide advertising incentives (ad commissions) to Google Partners. In some cases, commission from advertising is usually given only to the ad automation application services through a certain agreement
How and conditions to become a Google Partner Indonesia?
Anyone entitled to enter the Google Partner program, you must have a Google Manager Account first, then register your data and your account number on the Google Partner registration page here
Congratulations! You have entered the Google Partner program, but if you just signed up, you are not yet eligible for the Google Partner badge, because to get the Google Partner badge, there are 3 main conditions for partner status:
- Take the Certification Exam. There are a minimum of 2 exams out of a total of 6 exams that you must take, namely Google Ads Fundamentals, Google Ads Search, Google Ads Display Network, Google Ads Mobile, Google Ads Video, Google Ads Shopping. This Certification Exam needs to be done at least once a year. Certification can be taken on the Google online learning site, Academy for Ads
- Ad Spend. Since the Google Partner program focuses on managing accounts, Google determines the amount of budget that must be managed in a certain period of time which is the minimum equivalent of $ 10,000 in the last 90 days. So in dealing with Google Partners, Google wants to make sure Advertisers are in contact with 3rd parties who are active and experienced in managing some google ads.
- Company Performance. This is a condition that is not disclosed to the public, but in essence, Google will assess the performance of the Google Partners. There are 4 criteria for evaluating performance, namely:
- Client revenue growth: Did the client increase the budget?
- Client retention: Did the client stay subscribed in the last 12 months?
- Overall revenue growth
- Growing number of advertisers: Is the number of clients growing?
How Many Types of Google Partner Memberships Are There?
Google Partner has 3 membership levels
- New Registration / Membership Without Badges.
- Google Partners (blue badge)
- Google Partner Premium (red badge)
|Google Partner Badge||Premium Google Partner Badge|
The basic difference between the Blue Badges and the Red Badges is a much larger premium requirement. If for Google Partner the blue badge must have at least 1 certification, on Google Partner Premium the certification requirement is 2 people. Google Partner Lencana Merah spending requirements vary from country to country, but for Indonesia the Amount can reach $ 80,000 (more than 1 billion) in 90 days. These Google Premium Partners are usually owned by agencies that have large clients or have application services related to Google Ads.
How to Check Google Partner Status?
Every google partner who is entitled to the Google Partner badge, usually has a public profile on the Google page. An example is like this: https://www.google.com/partners/agency?id=9934510240 , Make sure you do this kind of check first because many 3rd parties put up the Google Partner logo but can’t show their public profile.
What is the difference between Google Partner and Google Certification?
The Google Partner Program and Google Certifications are basically two different things. Google certification is a certification in the use of the Google advertising platform, while Google Partners (blue or red badge) is a status that is given after a 3rd party meets the competency requirements. Google never gives certificates to Google Partners.
Google offers help managing ads, why do I need to work with Google Partners?
Yes, Google is committed to providing 90 days of support for managing accounts. However this is only limited to the Google Ads platform and only 90 days. Basically, Google Partners can provide a fuller view of digital marketing because advertising programs can be seen from many perspectives such as advertising on social media (Facebook / Instagram Ads), Website Optimization, Video Making and so on.
How to choose a Google Partner to help your business?
Basically, working with Google Partners, of course, business people can expect better results because the standards provided by Google are quite high, but working with Google Partners is not a guarantee of positive results because Google Partners are the quality standard for the Google platform. Google partners are fluent in managing the Google advertising platform, but you are an expert in your product. You need to communicate and see if the Google Partner can understand your business goals and objectives
Here are tips for working with Google Partners for your business:
- Set specific goals. Google agencies are experts on advertising platforms, but as a site owner, you have to communicate your advertising goals whether it’s Awareness or Sales , if you want both? which one is more priority?
- See Their Insights. Tell me about your business and ask how the agencies or consultants see your business, pay attention to the answers because there you can see whether the agency has the same mindset or just wants to sell.
- Portfolio , see if the partner is strong in a particular industry or has experience in your industry
- Advertising Governance Reporting and Transparency. Agency partners have different business models, some have regular monthly reports, some provide more Real Time reports . Ad management also has different policies, some are full-transparent and some are not. Whatever it is, make sure 3rd party policies don’t overwhelm your business
Hopefully this review gives you a broader insight about Google Partners in Indonesia. Doxadigital is a Google Partner who has received an official badge since 2014 in the Google Adwords advertising service.
Have questions about Google Partner Indonesia? Please write your comments below and our team will make updates or clarifications if needed
Call 021-5324093 or call via Whatsapp +629 (Chat Only) for your Google Adwords or Google Ads advertising services now