Google Analytics is mandatory for those of you who have a website, for those of you who want to advertise through platforms such as Google Ads or Facebook Ads, or those of you who want to use influencer services . If you are connected online, this tool should be taken into account! This article will explore about it
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a Web Analytics Service or any platform linked online provided free of charge by Google. Google Analytics is part of the Google Marketing Platform and there is also a paid version, namely Google Analytics 360
What are the benefits of Google Analytics?
- Help reporting your online marketing activities in one platform
- Help identify data-based customer behavior
- Seek new insights into your business based on actual data
The discussion about Google Analytics is big and deep, but in this article, we will try to take a big picture of what it can do and how it can benefit you.
5 Basic Google Analytics Report Types
Google analytics is basically the reporting of your site from multiple points of view. Each of these reports is:
Real Time Reports
This Real Time Report is the most recent report on your site in the last 30 minutes. This Real Time report contains only a few important things, such as the origin of the visitor, the location of the intended page, tracking buttons, conversions and so on.
Note: That general reporting in Google Analtyics usually has a lag of between 4 hours to 48 hours. This Real Time report is only valid for the last 30 minutes.
In this report, data that can be extracted is from the question “Who are the visitors to your site?” (WHO)
Some of the things that are given in the visitor report are:
- Visitor demographics, from which city? how old ?
- The device used by the visitor, desktop computer or smartphone? What brand?
- Visitor lifestyle (Affinity). Google strives to identify the lifestyle of your visitors
- Interest of visitors (In-Market). What are your visitors interested in? what things are they looking for?
- New visitors vs Visitors who have been before
Visitor Acquisition Report (Acquisition)
This report is especially for those of you who ask “How do they data to my site?” (HOW)
This is also perhaps the report most frequently opened by marketers, because this report lists the impact of various online marketing activities, namely Site Visits (Traffic).
In this report some important points we can look at:
- How do our SEO, Adwords Promotion, Facebook, Influencer activities generate traffic?
- Was the visit short? did it happen Goal?
- Which of the marketing channels needs to be improved?
Visitor Behavior Report
This report is for those of you who ask “What do they do on my site? How the Site Performs ”(WHAT)
Behavioral reports provide many insights into:
- The page with the most visitors
- Site Speed
- What are visitors looking for?
- Do visitors download? Play Videos? or other act of interaction
This report is for those of you who ask “Is visitor behavior the way I want it to be?”
Well this is the most important thing in your business, tracking conversions. Conversions here are anything you want your visitors to do. We divide the conversion into 2 classes, namely:
- Macro Conversion: Provides a monetary or business impact on you. For example Transactions
- Micro-conversion: Does not provide a monetary effect, but an interaction phase to increase trust. For example: registering for a newsletter or downloading a company profile.
This is the reporting section where you will need to make changes and adjustments to different sites.
In this conversion report, several things you can get:
- Tracking the progress of Goal occurring, how long will it take? how many visits? through what media?
- For Online Stores, How is the work basket performing? what products are often put in shopping bags, coupons that are often used
Google Analytics is more than a basic website report
If the reports above haven’t satisfied you, take it easy, because this platform allows you to do a lot more:
- Create reports based on certain segments , for example reports from SEO visitors only or reports from visitors in the city of Jakarta only
- Create a new child report from the base report. The basic reports shared above can still be combined again.
- Track the impact of offline campaigns on the site
- Create a grouping of site content
- Create a visitor group (for data used by Google Ads)
it is a common thing that is often done there is basically much more that can be done.
Who should use Google Analytics?
This platform is a must-use for business owners and webmasters. You can also give third parties access to track campaign performance.
As a provider of google ads advertising services , professional seo services , social media marketing services , and email marketing services , our clients are required to use Google Analytics for their campaign transparency.
How to learn how to use Google Analytics?
To master this powerful platform, we can provide some input:
- Google Analytics Academy , an online learning platform to master the ins and outs of this web analytics program
- Udemy , the online learning platform of many teachers around the world. Some of them are free